Sunday, November 24, 2013

Victoria Secret are targeting teens again







Since when is it OK for teens to even be at a Victoria Secret show, let alone be shelling out money for the sexy lingerie that the company provides? Apparently it is now since the company has an entire line out called PINK- though it states it is aimed at college girls, even an executive at the company stated that the core buyers of the line are teen girls because,

"When somebody’s 15 or 16 

years old, what do they want to be?" Chief Financial Officer 

Stuart Burgdoerfer said at a conference. "They want to be 

older, and they want to be cool like the girl in college, and 

that’s part of the magic of what we do at Pink."

 http://www.businessinsider.com/victorias-secret-markets-to-teenagers-2013-11#ixzz2lbR3ngaP


Some of the underclothes seen on the runway this year.





What girl teen OR tween wouldn't want these fun fashions? And therein lies the problem- Victoria Secret is selling sexy outfits to children- the fun, cute outfits are playful enough the balloons seems innocent and sweet- but its underwear people- and if its so adorable not only are they preying on the brand loyalty at an earlier and earlier age but should what amounts to kids be wearing such sexualized undergarments? I certainly don't think so!

But don't take my word for it lets look at some of the items they are selling right on their site. With this little gem you dont even have to wait for puberty to hit to enjoy lacy, sexy (read slutty) clothes.  The description reads:
No girl should be without a blingy bralette & matching v-string panty combo—all in pretty peek-a-boo lace. Ready to go in a pretty box.


UMMM Yeah my girl should, can and WILL be without v-string panties-thanks, and this is just the tip of the iceberg of sexualized items being purposely sold to younger and younger girls in fun colors and patterns. 

 View entire PINK collection HERE at the Victoria Secret's website.

1 comment:

  1. I understand what you are getting at, and I agree. But at the same time, I've been wearing PINK since I was 17. Some of their underwear really are not all that bad. I still wear it to this day because it is some of the most comfortable underwear I own. I don't think lingerie should be sold to young girls, but girls of a certain age can wear different types of underwear, depending on your outfit. I know that if I wore a certain pair of jeans, I wouldnt want my underwear line to be visible. The fashion show itself should not be on prime time television and these lines should not be focused towards young teens, but that is also where parents need to step in.

    ReplyDelete